Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hangover Hell

Jack's brother came into town from Spokane last Thursday to visit for the weekend. He's newly single, so I talked to a friend from work about going out on Saturday night. We went to a comedy club, which I remember as being extremely funny. Idaho is only second to Utah when it comes the Mormon population. This joke cracked me up:

So as I said, I'm newly married. Of course, being Mormon, that means I'm still dating.

Okay, maybe you had to be there.

So then we went to this bar/club and after that we went to this other bar/club. We closed the place down. Srsly. Those who know me well know that I do not stay up until FOUR IN THE MORNING. Ever. I don't even stay up until 2am. Even when we go to my sister's house, I can't stay up that late. I just don't do it.

It was the beer. That's all I was drinking...beer. It must have been a whole hell of a lot of beer b/c I felt like shit yesterday. About 9 last night, I called Jack upstairs and told him that I didn't think it was a hangover, it had to be the stomach flu. I mean, I was having hot/cold flashes, I had a low grade fever, I felt like I was going to vomit all day long. All I had to eat was one piece of toast and two bites of oatmeal. It had to be the stomach flu.

::snort::

Jack wouldn't let me get away with that. It wasn't my blondness showing as much as it was the fact that I never get hangovers. Well, there was that one time at my Christmas party, but that was like 2 years ago.

There was no way I was telling the kids that "Mommy is sick, she needs quiet time" b/c that just reeks to me. So last night found the three of us laying in my bed watching Kelsey's favorite episode of Charmed.

The moral of the story is that I don't think I want to have a beer EVER AGAIN.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awww, at least you had a good time drinking, though :)

Rowena said...

LOL, awww you poor thing. So how are you feeling after this past weekend? You were with Holly so I know you had to have some drinks...how many did you have this time around Casee?