Can you believe we've made it through nine years? I'm having a hard time believeing that we've made it this far, yet I'm not surprised that we have. We have come so far since the day we met in 1998. You don't have bleached hair anymore and I've gained 20lbs. Ha.
Even before we were married, you stood by me when you didn't have to. You helped get me through one of the darkest times in my life. I took it for granted at the time, but I don't anymore. You were my rock then, before we were married and before we had Will and Kelsey. You are still my rock, even if I don't show it very often. We both know that I'm the
control freak strong one in our family, but I get my strength from you. As you know, there was a time in this last year that I thought our marriage had seen its last days. You fought for us when I didn't have the energy to fight. That is something I thank you for because I'm a better person with you as my husband.
Here are 9 things I love about you more now than I did when we were married.
1. Your devotion to the kids and I.
2. Your tenacity in keeping our family together.
3. Your ability to make me laugh.
4. Your body.
5. How you strive to make things better for us every day.
6. Your willingness to keep our marriage going strong.
7. How you make me feel beautiful even when I know I'm not.
8. Your continual optimism (except about politics).
9. Your faith in us.
I love you. Happy anniversary.